If this is your first time trying CBD, you probably have no idea how much to take.
All the products you find come in very different concentrations, so it’s hard to even guess what a standard dose might be.
Try to find your ideal CBD dosage with this crowdsourced CBD dosage calculator .
You just enter some information and the calculator recommends the dosage. The tool calculates responses based on their own self-reported pools of user data.
This is the perfect place to start if you are new to concentrate-wax-with-terpenes or if you haven’t achieved the results you hoped for so far on your CBD adventures.
Everything You Need To Know About CBD Oil
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is simply a CBD compound injected into a carrier oil.
So we know that CBD is technically a compound, a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, that reacts with receptors in our body to provide a calming effect.
Now is the time to move on to more practical questions. How do you really get into your body?
Oil is one of the most popular containers for CBD.
CBD oil is essentially just a CBD compound injected into a carrier oil. After this infusion, the oil will have a CBD concentration . There is no standard concentration of CBD in CBD oils, so the effectiveness of these products varies.
CBD petroleum products mimic the naturally oily plant material from which they are extracted.
Have you ever wondered why so many CBD products are CBD oils?
B High CBD parts cannabis plants are naturally resinous and oily. So when we extract the CBD from these chunks, what we get is already thick and oily. It is intended to be infused into other carrier oils.
So, when you like CBD oil, you enjoy CBD close to its natural state.
Going deeper, the CBD we extract to create oils and other foods comes from trichomes. Some experts refer to trichomes as ” plant hair ,” due to their growth structure and ability to retain metabolites. (Even the word “trichomes” comes from the Greek word for “hair”.)
The naturally resinous CBD solvent we can extract from trichomes will vary in CBD potency, depending on the CBD present in the trichomes, as well as the method used to extract CBD from trichomes.
CBD Oil effects
A wide range of users have reported a wide range of effects when taking CBD.
So, we’ve established that CBD doesn’t get high like its cousin, THC. So what does CBD do? What are the main potential effects that attract people to this fashion complex?
Before we dive in, let’s group the types of CBD benefits into two categories:
Measurable Effects: These results have been studied, quantified and confirmed by numerous controlled studies and trials. These effects are related to measurable factors such as the number of seizures or blood pressure readings.
- Some of the measurable effects of CBD include:
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Withdrawal management
Anecdotal Effects: These results have been reported by CBD users, but they do not contain a measurable component or simply cannot be measured. For example, pain reduction is an unofficial benefit, because we do not have a generally accepted measurement of pain, and pain is subjective – it lives, so to speak, in the “eye of the beholder.”
- Several anecdotal effects of CBD include:
- Reducing anxiety.
- Mitigated symptoms of addiction withdrawal
- Reducing pain
Benefits of CBD Oil
The reported benefits of CBD promise a variety of health concerns.
People who have tried CBD report a wide range of benefits. While many of the effects and benefits can be considered subjective, these benefits are also accompanied by anecdotal evidence that can be overwhelmingly convincing to anyone looking to achieve similar benefits.
Here are examples of some of the potential benefits of CBD :
- Pain control. Studies have shown that CBD-fed rats have decreased activity in areas of the brain associated with pain.
- Reduced anxiety and depression . One study found that CBD can reduce anxiety in people preparing to speak in public. Animal studies have demonstrated similar effects to antidepressants.
- Managing the side effects of chemotherapy. CBD reduces chemotherapy-induced nausea.
- Skin cleaning. A test-tube laboratory study showed that CBD can help block excess sebum production and the inflammatory response that leads to acne.
- Capture control. CBD helps reduce epileptic seizures.
- Heart health. Some study participants observed a decrease in blood pressure when taking CBD, and CBD appears to be able to reduce inflammation and cell death in patients who have already passed away from heart disease.